Monday, August 13, 2012

MakeupAlley Review: Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer

Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer

Things to Rave About


  • Sleek Packaging: "This primer comes in very nice packaging which looks high end, a glass bottle with black lettering and a black pump top, similar to MAC or Make Up For Ever." by pmburk
  • Stays Put: "This primer keeps my foundation and everything else in place for the ENTIRE day. This is the deal breaker for me as most foundations, even "high-end", melt off and migrate around my face terribly. Not with this primer." by phoenix76
  • Improves Skin Appearance: "My first impression of the primer was that it made my bare face look soooo good! Obviously I still have some blemishes, acne scars and dark circles under my eyes, but my pores were virtually gone! And my skin looked a but more even. Less blotchiness around my nose for example. I was pretty shocked. My face felt so soft and it had a photoshopped look to it, except the photoshoppers forgot to remove my blemishes!" by Crimsonbury

Things to Rant About


  • Ruins Foundation: "I can say it fills in lines adn pores pretty nicely, though probably due to the high silicone content. It leaves a matte finish and leaves your skin looking more even-toned, so initially, it looks fairly nice before you've applied makeup. Once you put on foundation I feel as if it makes the foundation look cakey, heavy, & almost pretty dried out." by karinaFresh
  • Lack of Oil Control: "My skin gets quiet oily around the T-zone, and this primer does nothing for me in that area. My skin gets just as oily as it does without a primer, and oil control is a huge priority for me so that was a huge let down." by elsie91
  • Heavy Silicone Content: "For those people who are allergic to silicone, be aware! This DOES contain silicone, and to me, it doesn't look like silicone, but it does feel like it on my face and on my hands. So if you're looking for a silicone-free primer, this is not for you. I wouldn't mind using primers with dimethicone in it, but NOT as its FIRST ingredient." by lilac819

Links

M..U.A: Click Here
Product: Click Here


Ratings




Average Rating: 4.0 (82 reviews)
76% would buy again
Package Quality: 4.5

Will you be buying or skipping this foundation?

7 comments:

  1. Great review, thanks :)

    Sophie xx

    I am having a GIVEAWAY when I reach 100 followers! - http://luckybeauty07.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic review and amazing blog!

    Stop by and check out my blog :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second week of the Amusing August blog hop is live now! I'd love it if you stopped by to link up:)

    Shelby xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! I think I'll give this a miss as well. I have oily skin so if this doesn't control it then no point x

    http://kreamiblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I ADORE to hear your advice, questions, and feedback! Feel more than welcome to leave a lovely comment!