Friday, September 7, 2012

REVIEW COLLAGE: e.l.f. Studio Kabuki Face Brush



WHAT IS IT?
"This anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this brush! Our handy and easy to use Kabuki Brushes provide a light to full coverage on your face or body to ensure a flawless finish. The compact brush is perfectly sized to allow for precise and controlled application of bronzer, powder, or a highlighter on your skin. Vegan Friendly."


CLAIMS/FEATURES
  • Anti bacterial
  • Synthetic haired, Taklon brush
  • Softer and more absorbent
  • Can be used with wet or dry products
  • Provides light to full coverage on your face or body to ensure a flawless finish
  • Perfectly sized to allow for precise and controlled application of bronzer, powder, or a highlighter
  • Vegan friendly

PRODUCT LINK


PRICE/AVAILABILITY
$6.00 at Target/target.com (LINK) and eyeslipsface.com (LINK)
£6.00 at eyeslipsface.co.uk (LINK)


DUPE FOR
Make Up For Ever Kabuki Brush Face Brush (LINK)

$40.00 at Sephora/sephora.com (LINK)



THINGS TO RAVE ABOUT
  • Cleans Easily: "I have to point out that my puppy got a hold of it twice before I even got to use it once. I washed it with (he only got it a little slobbery) with warm water and baby wash and it is as good as new." by skylao406
  • Doesn't Disrupt Makeup: "It doesn't interfere with other makeup you may have underneath, say if your, for example, using this to apply powder over your liquid foundation and concealer, this kabuki will just gently distribute the powder over your skin without messing your foundation and concealer around." by BlondBarbieGirl
  • Two-Toned Bristles: "This may sound weird, but I really like the two-toned bristles. The black ones at the tip tell you how much product is on the brush, so if you need to tap some off you know. The white ones are also good indicators of how dirty the bristles are, the more beige or "stained" they are, the dirtier it is!!" by ChaseSpearing
  • Super Soft: "First of all, this is the softest brush I've ever owned. It feels like petting a fluffy baby bunny or something." by ColdFire
  • Multi-Use: "This brush is perfect for applying powder, loose or pressed, and gives me a more fuller coverage because of the dense brush. Also good for buffing on mineral foundation, or blush/bronzer." by pinkfrost53


THINGS TO RANT ABOUT
  • Flimsy Bristles: "The bristles are too long to properly distribute and blend product. I find they just sort of flop around on my face. If the bristles were just a bit shorter, this would be a perfect brush." by XJUL35 

    IS IT FOR YOU?

    YES: "If you want a very light, natural, and extremely sheer finish for your powder makeup." by honeyres
    NO: "If your skin demands heavily concentrated concealing and coverage from your powder." by megellan


    RATINGS

    average rating: 4.6 of 5 (186 reviews)
    82% would buy again
    package quality: 4.1 of 5

    price: $


    *ratings from makeupalley.com
    *review quotes from makeupalley.com and eyeslipsface.com

    7 comments:

    1. I have this, and I love it! I agree the bristles could be a little shorter or more dense, but it gives the perfect amount of product when I put powder over my foundation. Its a great buy!

      ReplyDelete
    2. One of my favorite blushes! I love it so for applying translucent setting powder, that I bought a second one for blush application.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I never even knew this kinds of brushes existed haha. Great post. x

      thisishearts.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    4. I was going to get this Brush yesterday but was unsure about it so I think I may go get it now thanks .....

      Www.whataworldofpink.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    5. Your blog is great for making decisions! I am following via BBloggers Unite.

      ReplyDelete
    6. ELF producats are amazing, I also recommend them! I found your blog on BBU blog hop, make sure to check mine out!

      http://trendyinsparkles.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    7. i have that kabuki brush... such a good buy for $3. love it!!!
      -Jasmine O.

      http://www.chicsincity.com

      ReplyDelete

    I ADORE to hear your advice, questions, and feedback! Feel more than welcome to leave a lovely comment!