Friday, January 4, 2013

MAKEUPALLEY REVIEW: Revlon ColorStay Brow Enhancer



what is it?
Essential 2-in-1 tool for perfectly groomed brows that gives professional-looking results and wears up to 16 hours. Unique dual ended wand with tinted wax and highlighter. Tinted wax to color and set brows for soft definition. Highlighter to brighten brow bone area for a lifted appearance. Wears up to 16 hours

product link


price/availibility
$7.99 - $8.99 at drugstores, mass retailers, and Ulta


ingredients
Tinted Wax Ingredients: PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Synthetic Beeswax, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hexylene Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Carmine (CI 75470). Highlighter Ingredients: Isododecane, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Candelilla Cera (Candelilla) Wax, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Alumina, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Paraffin, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470).

things to rave about
  • Long Lasting: "The Colorstay Brow Enhancer's tinted wax really lasts for me. It stays in place until I take it off with eye makeup remover. The longest I've worn it has been approximately 8 hours and it looked great the entire time. I really like brow products that have wax in them because they stay put for long periods of time without fading while keeping my brows groomed/in place." by VVV
  • Easy to Use: "The Colorstay Brow Enhancer is pretty foolproof - I just twist up the tinted wax, stroke it through my brows to fill them in, and then use the included spoolie to blend & pull the product through my brow hairs. Easy peasy! It's also great for when I'm in a hurry - it makes it easy to have perfectly defined brows in a snap." by caartist
  • Illuminator: "A subtle highlighter that you apply under your brows for just a hint of shimmer in just the right spot. (I really don't care for shimmer, and I thought I'd never use this side of the product, but this really puts the finishing touch on my eyes. It's not at all harsh or "showgirl" shimmery, it just offers a bit of sheen that makes your eye look great." by ArmyBrat
  • No Red Tint: "A brow pencil that doesn't look fake, heavy, gross, and red. Why did every light brown pencil I tried have a red tint?" by katiekatmeow
  • Clean Wax:  "The formula is waxy enough to tame unruly hairs, but not so waxy that they'll look gunky or unnatural. " by lilyofavalon
  • Natural Looking: "I suck at brow pencils and shadows, my eyebrows always look too dark and fake when I use those. This looked so natural, and filled in my brows beautifully without looking vampy or fake. Just a light touch and my brows have never looked better." by HuntersMommy
things to rant about
  • Blunt Tip: "The pencil side of this is way thick and blunt for me to fill in and define my brows." by stephani99
  • Little Product: "There is so little product. I run out of the wax so fast and way before I get even half way through the highlight, and it's really expensive for so little product. Honestly, I think what they are charging is ridiculous!"  by kissjacksparrow

is it for you?
YES:
Want a unique approach for filling brows: a hybrid between wax and pencil
 Need a pink, pearlescent highlighter
 Desire a VERY long-lasting brow filler

NO:

 Need thin, feathery strokes to create a natural-looking brows

 Unwilling to spend a lot of money for a small amount of product



ratings

average rating: 4.1 of 5 (167 reviews)
81% would buy again
package quality: 3.9 of 5

price: $$

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ADORE to hear your advice, questions, and feedback! Feel more than welcome to leave a lovely comment!