What is It? This lightweight UV lotion is formulated to lock in moisture, block out dryness, and provide UV protection in the form of SPF 15 Sunscreen. Skin is supposed to stay deeply hydrated and smooth for 24 hours. The lotion is formulated with a unique combination of pure antioxidant fruit water extracts and a skin conditioning vitamin. Garnier claims this lotion to be deeply moisturizing while, at the same time, being oil free, non comedogenic, and non greasy.
1) Lightweight: This lotion strays from a heavy, creamy texture, rather containing a light, feathery feel that feels slick on the fingers and absorbs immediately into the skin after application rather than sitting on top like the heavy moisturizers tend to do. Leaves skin supple, smooth, cooled with a wet feel, and gently hydrated.
2) Many Moisturizing Agents: The nutrients in this lotion include Grape Water Extract, Apple Water Extract, and Vitamin E. The Grape Water Extract is intended to defend skin from external aggressors, while the Apple Water Extract is formulated to maintain skin's moisture barrier. Vitamin E soothes and conditions skin. All 3 nutrients contribute to not only lightweight moisturization, but gentle skin renewal and repair. I applaud Garnier for adding a few other moisturizing agents rather than sticking to the traditional sole Glycerin found in nearly every drugstore moisturizer on the market.
3) Convenient Pump: The pump allows application to be entirely mess free, easy, and sanitary. The head of the pump locks when turned to the side, thus preventing any unintended spillage. 4.5 oz of product is a substantial amount, considering the price tag of only 7.99.
Things to Rant About:
1) May Break You Out: After about a week of testing out this product, I began to see a few tiny pimples forming on my jawline. I didn't add or take away on other skin products, so I have to place the blame for these new pimples on the Garnier UV lotion. I did read a few complaints from other acne prone girls on makeupalley.com who stated that this moisturizer also broke them out. Of course, everyone's skin reacts differently to products, but I would urge break-out prone girls to be wary and careful using this lotion.
2) Not Moisturizing Enough: For severely dry, peeling, or red skin, this lotion will not deeply soothe and repair the skin. It may faintly calm and cool the irritation, serving only as a temporary aid not a long term solution.
My Overall Rating: 6.5 / 10