Thursday, August 23, 2012

MAKEUPALLEY REVIEW: e.l.f. Studio Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20





WHAT IS IT?
"This lightweight and hydrating formula is breathable and provides anti-aging sun protection with UVA/UVB SPF 20. Achieve even skin tone and naturally radiant skin with this moisturizing sheer tint of color. The smooth formula enhances your complexion with the nourishing key ingredients Aloe, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E."


THINGS TO RAVE ABOUT
  • Tinted Sunscreen: "This isn't really a tinted moisturizer but rather a tinted sunscreen. The active ingredient is SPF 20 while the inactive ingredients are water, glycerine & mineral oil." by KimmerTX
  • Lightweight: "It applies very smoothly and it is not very thick which is a big plus for me because I don't like the feel of heavy makeup on my skin. Plus, it is very hot and humid where I live and full coverage makeup will just melt away anyway. Even though it does not provide much coverage, I still feel like it makes me look more polished." by valleychic


THINGS TO RANT ABOUT
  • Little Product: "That thing is almost half empty!!! I couldn't believe it so I even squeezed all the product up to the top of the tube to get an idea of how much product really WAS in there. Now, the label on the packaging says that this is 25 milliliters, 5 milliliters LESS than a standard foundation. When you take into consideration that almost HALF the tube is empty, and you're getting maybe 13 or 15 ml at MOST for $3 a tube, that makes this every bit as expensive as many mid-range drugstore foundations." by makeupwoot
  • Orange Tint: "It looks orange on my skin, even in the lightest color. I couldn't stand to wear it longer then five minutes. I had to give this to my mom, who is a lot tanner then me, so if you're fair, don't buy this in Porcelain, it's orange." by madisonlovesmakeup
  • Greasy: "The formula feels more like a gel than a cream, creating NOT a dewy finish, but rather a shiny/greasy look, a lot like regular sunscreen lotion. Imagine piling that on top of natural sebum if you have oily skin. I suppose this might be a great option for those with dry skin, since I would think the greasy finish would be more toned down for those with drier skin while quenching it with moisture, but this did not work for my combo-oily skin. While it certainly evened out my skin tone, I could not get past the heavy slick of oil on my face after applying it."  by PiMehMeh
  • High Content of Mineral Oil: "One of the first ingredients of this product is mineral oil! It causes breakouts! Mineral oil is a substance of relatively low value, and it is produced in very large quantities. One of the common concerns regarding the use of mineral oil is its presence on several lists of comedogenic substances."  by Jiasweetheart

LINKS
M.U.A: Click Here
Product:  Click Here

RATINGS





average rating: 3.0 of 5
50% would buy again 
package quality: 3.6
price: $



2 comments:

  1. I love this stuff! I use it daily since i got it. Even in the house :) But yeah, i hate that there's so little in the tube, even though i believe it is 20 ml (could they even fill less in there, that would be fraud, right?)
    It is a little greasy, but i can live with it since i always use matte bronzer. It is the right color for my skintone as well(i use beige).
    Already got 2 more in my elf shopping cart, i know i will love it in winter cause my skin gets really dry.

    Nice post :)
    Janine

    enter my worldwide MAC giveaway if you haven't already :D
    The Amazing World Of J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the review :) I'm not sure if I will try it I think I may just stick with my asian BB creams ^^ Thanks for sharing though! i found your blog through beauty blog hop! hopefully you will follow back cause I have started following :)

    ReplyDelete

I ADORE to hear your advice, questions, and feedback! Feel more than welcome to leave a lovely comment!