Wednesday, January 2, 2013

MAKEUPALLEY REVIEW: e.l.f. Studio HD Blush





HeadlinerHeadliner Headliner HeadlinerHeadliner
                       Headliner             Superstar            Diva             Encore          Showstopper


WHAT IS IT?
Rich and creamy HD Blush naturally sculpts and highlights the cheekbones for a soft-focus effect that is great for everyday use. The Vitamin E enriched formula conditions and hydrates the skin for a healthy, radiant glow. Velvety soft, lightweight and highly pigmented color creates a long-lasting result for all day wear.


PRODUCT LINK


PRICE/AVAILABILITY
$3.00 at eyeslipsface.com (LINK


DUPE FOR
Make Up For Ever HD Blush Microfinish Cream Blush (LINK)


$26.00 at Sephora/sephora.com (LINK



THINGS TO RAVE ABOUT
  • Long Lasting: "Mine lasted 10 hours without ANY fading through work where I was dusting and got a bit oily. It looked SO good!" by skullglitter
  • Nice Packaging/Pump: "The packaging is really nice, small and compact. The pump can be a bit tricky but it dispenses just enough to get the job done." by mzjade22
  • Water Resistant: "And I tried to pump out a tiny amount, and what came out was enough to stain my hand so intensely that I seriously think I scared the drive through lady when I handed her my money. Then I came home and washed my hands. TWICE. With soap. And it is still a little bit on there. (!!) So I would say that this stuff is pretty ridiculous in terms of wear and could easily claim to be waterproof." by ihavequestions
  • Light-Weight: "The consistency is smooth, reminds me a bit of a primer, which makes sense as the product does have a fair few silicones in it. The feel on the skin is so light I don't even know it's there." by classicgirl05
  • Crazy Pigmented: "These are so crazy pigmented, you pump out just the tiniest amount on your hand, you have to blend it there to tone it down a little before applying to cheeks and even more so when you apply to your face." by dbmiller

THINGS TO RANT ABOUT
  • Blotchy: "The only downside of this was that it made my skin look a little blotchy, it kind of stuck to my blemishes and made them stand out" by indicaxvx
  • Poor Color Choices: "Don't get me wrong, the colors are beautiful, but just not as blush. Again, since they are so pigmented, they would only look good on darker skintones." by dddoxie
  • Hard to Blend: "It's sooo pigmented that even with a light hand you end up looking a little clownish especially since it doesn't blend well at all." by mooshrimp

    IS IT FOR YOU?

    YES:
    Want a very long lasting, water resistant cheek stain
     Desire a creamy, glowly formulation for blush rather than a matte powder
     Not afraid to wear a very noticeable, pigmented blush that stands out


    NO:

     Unwilling to deal with the required blending and buffing
     Skin tone is very fair 



    RATINGS



    average rating: 3.9 of 5 
    77% would buy again
    package quality: 3.8 of 5

    price: $

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I ADORE to hear your advice, questions, and feedback! Feel more than welcome to leave a lovely comment!