Friday, August 3, 2012

MakeupAlley Review: Maybelline Dream Fresh 8 in 1 BB Cream


Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream.Opens in a new window

 Disclaimer: The goal of this blog is to provide informative and thorough product reviews. I realized that all personal reviews are reflective of that individual's skin type, hair color/texture, color preferences, etc.  I want to provide my readers with an all-around review, thus I decided to create MakeupAlley Reviews. Makeupalley.com is a website with thousands of product reviews, each product being reviewed by hundreds of amateur and professional cosmetic lovers. Scrolling through the hundreds of reviews can be quite tiresome, so I decided to do the work for you, reading nearly every review and finding the most stated/common pros and cons. My MakeupAlley Reviews will serve as a simple and accurate representation for the hundreds of reviews on makeupalley.com. To make this review an even more precise representation, I listed not only the pros and cons I observed from makeupalley.com, but also added quotes, from the reviewers on makeupalley.com, that I believed best explained that particular pro/con.

Things to Rave About:

  1. Very Lightweight: "This has medium coverage which I love because I can skip concealer and this fixes skin discoloration around my nose and eyes. As others have said, this feels more like a tinted moisturizer than a BB cream." 
  2. Multipurpose: "It's a primer, sunscreen, moisturizer, and it's tinted. It can be the only thing you use on your face."
  3.  Looks Natural: "It does blur most of my imperfections but does not completely conceal them, and still lets your real skin show through."

Things to Rant About:

  1. Greasy Effect: "It sets SUPER dewy.. and by the end of the day I'm so greasy it looks like I put Crisco on my face. It also broke me out."
  2. Product Smells: "It STINKS! It smells like rotten olives (others have said pet food, and I can understand." 
  3. Oxidizes: "After about 5 minutes it oxidized pretty dark and orange.  The coverage was very sheer pretty much like a moisturizer with an orange sheen. Made my skin look very oily and also irritated my cystic acne on my cheeks." 

Links: 

 M.U.A. Ratings: 

  • Average Rating: 3.7/5.0 ( 146 Reviews)
  • 66% would buy again
  • Packaging Quality: 3.8

6 comments:

  1. I just ordered some samples of this and i can't wait to try them out :)
    I'm your newest follower :) Hope you'll stop by and check out my blog too :)

    http://sophiameola.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following my blog :) Definitely will follow and check out your blog :)

      Delete
  2. I have this BB cream too and I love it. If I want a more natural look then I use only this with blusher, mascara etc. but if I want a fuller coverage I just add my usual powder over the top. Instead of being dewy on my face I think it gives a really nice glow, I think its a lot better than other bb creams I've tried!

    Alice

    http://secretsofawannabecharlotte.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love a finish in between matte and dewy :) I really want to venture out and try the true asian bb creams, see how the westernized version compares :)

      Delete
  3. I love this BB cream! Though I am dying to try some asian versions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same exact story with me! I want to try the cream that started it all :)

      Delete

I ADORE to hear your advice, questions, and feedback! Feel more than welcome to leave a lovely comment!